[Live-devel] Live555 Streaming from a live source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 9 02:12:51 PDT 2010

>I did not sure I understand your last statement "make sure that your
>downstream object always has enough buffer space to avoid trunction - i.e.,
>so that fMaxSize is always >= fFrameSize".  How can I assure it, the Live555
>library request 150,000 bytes exactly.

This is true only for the "StreamParser" class, which you should
*not* be using, because you are delivering discrete frames - rather
than a byte stream - to your downstream object.  In particular, you
should be using a "*DiscreteFramer" object downstream, and not a
"*Framer".

What objects (classes) do you have 'downstream' from your input
device, and what type of data (i.e., what codec) is your
"DeviceSource" object trying to deliver?  (This may help identify the
problem.)