[Live-devel] Live555 Streaming from a live source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jul 25 02:11:18 PDT 2010

>We successfully combined the two streams into one stream and it works great.

Good.  As you figured out, you can do this just by creating a single
"ServerMediaSession" object, and adding two separate
"ServerMediaSubsessions" to it.

>The Audio and Video are on the same url address. As it seems to us the Audio
>and Video are synchronized but we are not sure if we need to handle it (in
>some way other then setting presentation time) or it all handle in your
>library. The only thing we are currently doing is to update presentation
>time for the audio and for the video. We appreciate your input on this
>matter

Yes, if the presentation times of the two streams are in sync, and
aligned with 'wall clock' time (i.e., the time that you'd get by
calling "gettimeofday()"), and you are using RTCP (which is
implemented by default in "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession"), then you
will see A/V synchronization in standards-compliant clients.