[Live-devel] Strange output of openRTSP -Q

david cailliere davidcailliere at voila.fr
Tue Jul 27 13:28:47 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Using the current release of OpenRTSP (2010.07.13), I noticed a similar error in the num_packets_lost statistics line as Norbert Donath did in a old version (look at http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2004-December/001764.html).
The format of the packet lost number is currently unsigned integer instead of signed integer as it should be in the source file Playcommon.cpp.

Il also noticed a potential issue in the calculation of number of RTP packets expected
According to RFC 1889 A.3. It must computed as follow

extended_max = s->cycles + s->max_seq;
expected = extended_max - s->base_seq + 1;

In the current release of OpenRTSP, s->base_seq is assumed to be the sequence number of the first packet received, but it should probably not, since the first packet sent ont the server side can be received out of order on the client side.
Some minor change could be done in the source file RTPSource.cpp/RTPSource.hh to fix that.

I can provide you with a patch if necessary.

Regards

David

 Suivez toute l'actualité de Secret Story, retrouvez les dépêches, les photos et les vidéos sur http://people.voila.fr/evenementiel/PagesGenerees/secret-story2010/