[Live-devel] dump h264 video problem

jacopo back2primitive at autistici.org
Wed Jul 28 08:47:27 PDT 2010

Hi all,
    I'm trying to implement a video recording service, and i need to
dump  h264 or MPEG4 videos (service must be eterogenous)  in response to
some external events.

I planned to do this reimplementing openRTSP exemple, in order to
coordinate it not from command line but with external applications.
Before starting writing code I've tried dumping some streams from
various rtsp sources.
I usually start openRTSP with canonical options ( -t -d ) and with mpeg4
video all works fine (with -4 or -q option), while h264 videos are quite
unusable.

All videos are out of sync with overlapped frames, and if I try to open
them with mplayer the following error is reported an indefinite number
of times:
[h264 @ 0xb523e0]concealing 330 DC, 330 AC, 330 MV errors
Error is not related to mplayer since also vlc or xine fail to play videos.

I've specified various resolutions and fps (not needed for mpeg4, they
just works), but none worked.
I've read on faq about NAL unit, but I've verified that a H264FileSink
implementation was introduced in 2007.
I need to reimplent my own one? NAL units in h264 codec are related to
the network transport layer, so every implementation is related to a
single specific context or the H264FileSink implementation is generally
usable?

Ah, I'm using last version from public repo 2010.07.03 built from
sources (of course) on a 64bit Fedora13 box, if it could in some way
matter...

Sorry in advance if some of my question seems innacurate, but I'm very
confused and found few infos online (need I learn to google better?)

thanks in advance