[Live-devel] New, improved "RTSPClient" interface now available

Doug Porter dsp at exacq.com
Tue Jun 1 15:21:35 PDT 2010

Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> writes:

> I have installed a new version (2010.05.29) of the "LIVE555
> Streaming Media" code that adds the long-promised new
> 'asynchronous' (i.e., non-blocking) interface to the
> "RTSPClient" class.

Thank you for publishing this new interface; I've been looking
forward to it for a while.

I tried reworking some of my code today to use the new
asynchronous interface, but ran into a couple problems.  First, I
do not see a way to set the URL.  Should setBaseURL() be public?
Second, would it be possible to get a client data pointer on the
RTSPClient::responseHandler callback like there is with callbacks
for getNextFrame()?

If this makes sense to you, I'm happy to work up the patch.

Thanks,
--
dsp