[Live-devel] doubt trying to implement a rtsp client

Ottavio Campana ottavio at videotec.com
Wed Jun 9 08:38:42 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a small receiver with live555. What I basically
do is contacting a RTSP server, browse the subsessions, receive the
packets of the desired subsession and pass them to a routine that
process them. I tried following playCommon.cpp , but I'm stuck at a
point and I don't understand how to finish the program.

What I do is:

* call RTSPClient::createNew to create a client
* call RTSPClient::describeURL url get a description
* create a MediaSsesion with MediaSession::createNew and iterate through
its subsessions looking for the one that I want
* if I want to setup a session I call RTSPClient::setupMediaSubsession

but at this point I'm stuck. I think that before calling
RTSPClient::playMediaSession I need to do something so that each time
data is received my processing function is executed.

Do I need to set up a sink by subclassing MediaSink? Or do I have to do
something different?

Thank you for your help,

Ottavio