[Live-devel] RTSP server hang

Nisha Singh samparknisha at rediffmail.com
Mon Jun 7 22:26:58 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am a just a beginner in video. I want to play the video data received over IP (rtp packets) encoded by h264. I have a file in which the rtp packets have been dumped and I want to play it by vlc player, using live555 server.

I have searched the mailing list and people have worked upon streaming the h264 data over the network. But i have not found about playing the h264 rtp packets using live555.

Can someone guide me with the steps required to perform this task?

live555 library contains some files related to h264. What I have understood till now is that I need to create H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession and h264VideoRTPSource will be used. But I am not clear with the flow and what is supposed to be done with these classes.
Also I am in a doubt that whether the rtp packets can be used directly and can be played by vlc using live555 server?

I have tried sending mails several times but each time I am receiving a reply mail that my message is requires approval from the moderator.

Please guide me.
Looking forward to the response.

Thanks and Regards,
Nisha

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 23:06:56 +0530  wrote
>Under load, I'm noticing our RTSP server occasionally hangs in this location:

static int blockUntilReadable(UsageEnvironment& env,
                  int socket, struct timeval* timeout) {
  int result = -1;

  do {
    fd_set rd_set;
    FD_ZERO(&rd_set);
    if (socket < 0) break;
    FD_SET((unsigned) socket, &rd_set);
    const unsigned numFds = socket+1;

    result = select(numFds, &rd_set, NULL, NULL, timeout);