[Live-devel] How to repair the abnormally interrupted openRTSP recorded file?

Jim Cao caojingnju at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 03:50:12 PDT 2010

Hi, All:

   I'm using openRTSP to receive live video/audio from remote web camera,
and I redirect the stdout to a local file. So I can play the recorded file
later. As we all know, we need use "kill -HUP" or "kill -USR1" to terminate
the openRTSP to make the file written properly. But in my cases, the
openRTSP processes sometimes are killed abnormally without receiving the
SIGHUP or SIGUSR1 signal. No matter how large the local file is, when the
case happens, we cannot open the recorded file.

So I just want to know 1) what openRTSP writes to the local file after it
received the SIGHUP or SIGUSR1 signals.; 2) is there any way to repair my
local file that it can be opened by VLC or other player.

  Thanks a lot!

BRs

Jim