[Live-devel] regression in live555 connecting an acti camera

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 18 08:37:23 PDT 2010

>I can't connect anymore to an acti camera using latest version of live555.
>I don't know since which version exactly it doesn't work.
>
>1- output of new version not working :
>http://www.celeos.eu/tmp/notworking.txt
>
>2- output of an old working version :
>http://www.celeos.eu/tmp/working.txt

OK, I found the problem with this camera: It is sending back a bad
"Range:" header in its response to the RTSP "PLAY" command:
	Range: ntp=0.000-
This is wrong.  It should be "npt", not "ntp".

You should contact the camera's manufacturer, asking them to fix
their camera's RTSP server.

By the way, you were incorrect when you said that a previous version
of our code (2009.07.27, according to your "working.txt" log) handled
this camera correctly.  As far as I can tell, we have *never*
accepted a "Range:" header that says "ntp" instead of "npt".  You
must have hacked your own version of the code to accept this (broken)
"Range:" header, and then forgotten about it.

(The Sanyo camera, however, was behaving correctly.  I have now
installed a new version (2010.06.18) of our code that will support it
once again.  This new version also prints a more meaningful error
when it sees the bad "Range:" line returned by the "acti" camera.)