[Live-devel] File source is socket stream in RTSPServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Jun 19 00:28:55 PDT 2010

>        It's can work correctly, but this is via multicast, Our
>customer want unicast. So I follow "testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp",
>but this module wrapped how to get file source in method
>"doEventLoop", and it seems that not support read socket as file
>source, because
>my file source isn't a local file, so I don't know how to get my
>socket file source. If you know or have this experience, pls tell
>me, Thanks~

See the following FAQ entry:
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast
I think this will help you with your application.

If your input device is a socket, then you should be able to
encapsulate it in a "FramedSource" subclass that uses the
"DeviceSource.cpp" code as a model, and use
"TaskScheduler::turnOnBackgroundReadHandling()" to schedule a handler
that reads from the socket whenever new data arrives.   (Note the
comments in "liveMedia/DeviceSource.cpp")