[Live-devel] Cygwin finally fixed the ip_mreq_source bug

Tatterdemalian Anzulovic tatterdemalian at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 09:16:43 PST 2010

Just a heads-up, I tried to compile Live555 from source with cygwin, and got a make error I'd never received before (GroupsockHelper.cpp:482: error: redefinition of `struct ip_mreq_source'/usr/include/cygwin/in.h:128: error: previous definition of `struct ip_mreq_source'). A quick inspection of the file causing the problem revealed the following note:// NOTE TO CYGWIN DEVELOPERS://    The "defined(__CYGWIN32__)" test was added above, because - as of January 2007 - the Cygwin header files//    define IP_ADD_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP (and IP_DROP_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP), but do not define ip_mreq_source.//    This has been acknowledged as a bug (see <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-01/msg00516.html>), but it's//    not clear when it is going to be fixed.  When the Cygwin header files finally define "ip_mreq_source",//    this code will no longer compile, due to "ip_mreq_source" being defined twice.  When this happens, please//    let us know, by sending email to the "live-devel" mailing list.//    (See <http://lists.live555.com/mailman/listinfo/live-devel/> to subscribe to that mailing list.)// END NOTE TO CYGWIN DEVELOPERSSo, I'm letting you know. Also, thanks for providing such well-documented source! If all Linux developers were so thorough, Microsoft Windows would be as obsolete as punch cards.