[Live-devel] openRTSP

Andro Debevere andro.debevere at ugent.be
Mon Mar 8 00:41:54 PST 2010

>OK, the problem is that the *client* port numbers are the same for both
>streams.  I don't know why the server does this, but in any case it's
>not something that we currently support in our code (to do so would
>require that we demultiplex based on SSRC, which is something that we
>don't do).

Just to make things clear, it is the client (openRTSP) that initially
proposes the client port numbers to the server, not the other way around
(why would a server choose ports on a client?, it doesn't have any idea
which ports are already used on it). See the SETUP message from the client
(openRTSP) to the server. In the server response the client port numbers are
just copied and the server port numbers are added.

Sending request: SETUP rtsp://test/test.mp4/trackID=6 RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 4
Transport: RTP/AVP;unicast;client_port=61426-61427
Session: 6993324177280988772

Received SETUP response: RTSP/1.0 200 OK
Server: DSS/6.0.3 (Build/526.3; Platform/Linux; Release/Darwin Streaming
Server;  State/Development; )
Cseq: 4
Session: 6993324177280988772
Last-Modified: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:14:41 GMT
Cache-Control: must-revalidate