[Live-devel] streaming http and h264

Ottavio Campana ottavio at videotec.com
Tue Mar 9 06:48:48 PST 2010

Hi,

I implemented rtsp streaming of a h264 video obtained by a custom
DeviceSource.

Now I would like to embedded the visualization of the video stream in
the browser, by exploiting the video tag provided by html5.

I tried specifying rtsp://<url> in the src of the video tag, but it does
not seem to work. Furthermore, by reading online, the video tag seems to
support only http streaming.

So, my question is, has anyone of you already tried to stream to a pure
html5 page an h264 video with live555? Do you have examples?

Thank you,

Ottavio