[Live-devel] RTPOverTCP_OK

Jeremy Noring jnoring at logitech.com
Fri Mar 12 08:22:48 PST 2010

I have an application that uses multiple instances of Live555 within a
single process (each instance has a devoted thread, and I do not share
instance data across threads, per the FAQ).  However, RTPOverTCP_OK is a
global variable so all instances of Live555 share its state.  So if one
instance has a TCP error then it affects all instances.

I have two questions:

1. Is there some other way I should/could be dealing with TCP connectivity
issues besides RTPOverTCP_OK?
2. If I were to fix this problem, what would be the best way to go about
it?  I was thinking of adding fRTPOverTCP_OK to the RTPInterface class, but
then I'd need to expose it through other classes (RTPSink and RTCPInstance,
from what I can see, which would then be visible from
OnDemandServerMediaSubsession).  I'd also leave the global in place to be
backwards compatible with any existing code.  Would you consider this patch
if I wrote it?  (or would you have a different suggestion?)

Thank you,

Jeremy