[Live-devel] New LIVE555 release - fixes RTP-over-TCP RTSP commandbug

Jeremy Noring jnoring at logitech.com
Sun Mar 14 19:19:04 PDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> Does this release also address the RTPOverTCP_OK variable?
>>

> Oops - I said the other day that this release would be getting rid of the
> "RTPOverTCP_OK" hack altogether.  I forgot to do this.  However, I'm going
> to remove it from an upcoming release - so you should just ignore it.

Ross, I'm confused--when you say you're removing that hack all together,
does this mean we won't have a method for determining when an RTP over TCP
sessions has ended (either due to error, or the client disconnecting or
other?).  Or is there some other method for knowing it's completed now?

Basically, I need a method for knowing the stream has ended in the instance
of network failure.