[Live-devel] QuickTimeFileSink IDR detection patch

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Mon Mar 15 07:43:48 PDT 2010

Hi!

I enhanced QuickTimeFileSink to detect h264 IDR Frames.

If -y is set in openRTSP it now waits
*) until Audio is in sync first
*) then until h264 is in sync and an IDR Frame is received

This ensures that the recorded stream starts with an IDR Frame.

I've limited this detection to feeds with 2 sources (mostly audio+h264 I
guess).

And I've introduced class SyncFrame to store frame numbers on sync frames
for the stss atom. In case of h264 I store the IDR frame numbers and write
those instead of the fixed += 12 interval.

Last but not least I changed the hinf.payt atom payload format from 8 bit to
32 bit since IMO the specs says so. See Table 3-12 at
http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/QTFFChap3/qtff3.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40000939-CH205-85342

Makes mp4dump happy so far;-)

Greetings, Wolfgang

PS: the patch works with --fuzz=0 for 2010.03.15
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria