[Live-devel] fseek failed (err 6)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Mar 15 15:32:36 PDT 2010

>I am a trainee from Germany and I must write for my company a
>programme in which the picture of a camera is to be seen (This
>camera:
>http://www.level-one.de/levelone.php?page=prod&cat=7004&model=WCS-2030V3).
>Now my problem is that if I want to have with openRTSP-d 2-4-w 640-h
>480-f 30 rtsp://192.168.0.99 / live.sdp a MP4 file these mistakes is
>indicated: QuickTimeFileSink:: setWord (): fseek failed (err 6).
>What do I make wrong?

The problem is that the "-4" option tells "openRTSP" to output a file
(in ".mp4" format) to 'stdout'.  If you don't redirect 'stdout' to a
file, then it will go to your console, which is a non-seekable file.

To fix this, redirect 'stdout' to a file, by adding
	> foo.mp4
to the end of your command line.  This will tell "openRTSP" to write
to a file named "foo.mp4".