[Live-devel] Does the server achieve these functions?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 16 22:26:54 PDT 2010

>Now I need to build a network broadcast platform, so I need to
>select a streaming media server. I would like to ask whether the
>current version of Live555 Media Server deploy the functions that I
>need.

The "LIVE555 Media Server" application - unmodified - does not
support these functions.  However, many of them could be added by
doing some programming.

>a.       User Authentication

Yes.  See the code bracketed by
	#ifdef ACCESS_CONTROL
	#endif
in "live555MediaServer.cpp".

>b.       How does the server capture the live audio information

Please read the FAQ.

>and archive live broadcasting?

There's no archiving mechanism built in; you would need to write this.

>c.       How does the server achieve the function that users have
>different authorization to view the same media

Our existing code does not support this.  To support this, you would
probably need to subclass "RTSPServer" and redefine the
"authenticationOK()" virtual function.  You might also need to
subclass "UserAuthenticationDatabase".

>d.       Whether the server can record the number of times each
>media file has been accessed, when it was accessed, and who has
>accessed it.

This is something that you would need to write yourself.