[Live-devel] RTSPOverHTTP

Roberts, Randy Randy.Roberts at flir.com
Mon Mar 22 10:01:40 PDT 2010

Hi Ross,

I don't know if you've made any progress on RTP/RTSPoverHTTP...

I took your RTP/RTSPOverHTTP skeleton (from 2009.11.27) and came  up
with an implementation that is working reasonably well...including
bi-directional RTCP reports.

I've encountered a few issues along the way that I've had to resolve in
other modules, such as a TCP connection getting taken down (see previous
post/reply to Jeremy), but, I think, all in all,  it may be an
architecturally reasonable solution.

I've tested it with multiple simultaneous VLC sessions, and with
Quicktime, and with an ONVIF compliant NVC.

I chose to implement an internal TCP (tunnel) connection between each
HTTP client connection (pair) and the RTSP server...so, I didn't have to
do any RTSP parsing in the HTTP Client Connection code.

I've added to the RTSPOverHTTPServer the capability to "bind" the
GET/POST HTTP Client Connections together, etc.

Would you be interested in pulling this back into your baseline??

Randy