[Live-devel] make the live555 scheduler working together with other schedulers

Alberto Alberici albalber at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 02:27:12 PDT 2010

Hi,

which is the best way to make the live555 library work together with another library which has its own main scheduler (for example: qt), _without using threads_?

I mean: qt has app.exec(), which doesn't return, and live555 has doEventLoop(), which doesn't return.... Of course I could write MyScheduler and then call singleStep(), which returns, instead of calling doEventLoop(), but in this case singleStep() would return only after the select() wait (and this would block the other library, meanwhile) ....

thanks