[Live-devel] live555 as RTSP proxy

nishesh chouhan chouhan.nishesh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 23:05:40 PDT 2010

Hi ,

for my project I need to use live555 as RTSP proxy...the requirement is to
take an RTSP url from client ex VLC at live555 and pass that URL to the
application which I want to make on top of live555 this application will
proxy the RTSP url (rtsp://ip..../NA123) to the RTSP server and on session
establishment proxies the media across to the client, pls let me know if
this is viable using live555 library.
I had a look in the code and found that when we receive RTSP commands (like
DESCRIBE) live555 requires stream to be annouced before that also I did not
find the way to pass the RTSP url from library to the application which I
have, my application uses FramedSource class.

Many Thanks in Advance.

-Nishesh