[Live-devel] multi threaded RTSP client

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Mar 26 08:08:04 PDT 2010

>Hi all,
>          Is there any option to use RTSP client (openRTSP) to
>receive multiple video streams concurrently with a single openRTSP
>instance ? Can we include a thread for that ?

No!  Read the FAQ - especially the entry about threads!

Note also that "openRTSP" is an application.  To do what you want.
you would write a new application of your own (but perhaps using some
of the code that "openRTSP" uses).

You can do this by creating and using multiple "RTSPClient" objects -
one for each stream that you want to receive from.  You would do this
within a single (and single-threaded) event loop.