[Live-devel] wis-server for a 2.4 Kernel

rainer georg rainer.georg at gmx.de
Mon Mar 29 02:13:51 PDT 2010

Hello, everyone
I have to make a rtsp/rtp-server work on a adm5120 based ip-camera with a wisgo7007.
There was already the cellvision "goserver" on the cam, but it creates an encapsulated
stream to be received just by an special active-x-plugin from the internet-explorer.
(Because there was already a working server on the cam, I have to mention why I try to get another
server working. It is a project for school to get us working with linux-based systems.)

I successfully got access to the ramdisk of the firmware and now I am able to modify it.
But my problem now is, that the cam has a busybox-system (Kernel-2.4.18)
The driver and the "wis-streamer" are designed for use with a kernel >2.6 and the alsa sound system.

I know that the readmes of live555 and the original wis-readme show, that the modules are just for use with a
Kernel-2.6.
Is there any chance to get them working for 2.4 and OSS instead of ALSA?
Or are there any older versions of the wis-streamer available?

(I started very naive and wanted to keep the the old go7007-modules from cellvision,
because I wanted to save the time to crosscompile the wis-go7007-driver.
there were allready two device files in /dev called wisgo7007_0 and wisgo7007_1.
so I expected to find the interfaces for audio and video within those devicefiles.

I played a little around with the code and its static coded path-strings for the needed device files.
but I cant get the wis-streamer started.)

Sorry to bother you and the live-devel-system with such a stupid question.
But I don't know any other place to get a qualified answer to my problems.