[Live-devel] JPEGVideoRTPSink and Restart markers

Francisco Feijoo francisco at j2kvideo.com
Tue Nov 2 02:40:39 PDT 2010

El 28/10/2010, a las 16:09, Ross Finlayson escribió:

> OK, I have now installed a new version (2010.10.28) of the code that adds support for "Restart Marker Headers" in outgoing JPEG/RTP packets.  (We already supported such headers in *incoming* JPEG/RTP packets.)
>
> To use this, your "JPEGVideoSource" subclass must redefine the virtual function "restartInterval()" to return a non-zero value if "type()" returns a value in the range [64,127].
>
> You should *not* need to subclass or modify the implementation of "JPEGVideoRTPSink".
> --
>
> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Hi, finally I have this working.

Cristiano, I have used your code to get information from the image. I have also changed doSpecialFrameHandling because you don't have to send the DRI header for images that don't have this markers.

 u_int8_t RestartMarkerHeader[4]; // the special header
  u_int16_t restartInterval = source->restartInterval();

  if (restartInterval > 0 )
  {
  	RestartMarkerHeader[0] = restartInterval >> 8;
    RestartMarkerHeader[1] = restartInterval;
    RestartMarkerHeader[2] = 0xFF;
    RestartMarkerHeader[3] = 0xFF;

   setSpecialHeaderBytes(RestartMarkerHeader, sizeof RestartMarkerHeader, sizeof mainJPEGHeader /* start position */);
  }

Ross, thanks for the new release. I have tried it and is not working here. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, could you send one JPEG image working? If you want I can send two test images with and without restart markers for you to test.

Cheers.

--
Francisco Feijoo
Software Engineer