[Live-devel] RTSP-over-HTTP problems

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 4 07:47:00 PDT 2010

>I have problems with RTSP over HTTP. OpenRTSP still fails to connect
>to the server ( network camera ) when authorization is required.
>This happens only when I use latest library versions, older ones
>like 'live.2010.01.22` are working perfectly in each case.

No.  That version of the library worked the same way that the current
version does.  It was only some more recent versions (2010.05.29
through 2010.10.20) that worked differently.

>  The only difference I found is that the older library keeps sending
>GET request until authorization is finished, and the new library
>starts to send POST request after the first GET, no matter if
>authorization succeeded or not.

Arggh!  I deliberately changed the behavior of the client to do this
(in the 2010.10.22 version), because you had told me (back then) that
this is what your server wanted.  Now you're telling me the complete
opposite!!!

>   I can send you a link to my RTSP server if you would like to take a look.

Yes, please send us a publically-accessible "rtsp://" URL (with
username & password) for this stream.

(And once again, if you want to be taken more seriously on this
mailing list, you should use a professional email address - not
"@poczta.onet.pl".)