[Live-devel] Handling RTCP Goodbye packet with OpenRTSP

david cailliere davidcailliere at voila.fr
Tue Nov 9 10:20:35 PST 2010

Dear All,

When launching the following command OpenRTSP.exe -Q -d 15 <rstp_url>, the OpenRTSP application
get crash every time I get the following  protocol sequence at the end of the streaming session

client  -> serveur  RSTP TEARDOWN
serveur -> client   RTP
serveur -> client   RTP
serveur -> client   RTCP GOODBYE
serveur -> client   RTCP GOODBYE
crash
serveur -> client   RTSP TEARDOWN REPLY OK

These test are performed with the last release of OpenRTSP (2010.11.04) without any modification in the source code.
It looks like the application does not stand for handling RTCP GOOBYE packet after calling the shutdown function (from the sessionAfterPlaying function). In the spec RFC 3550, I didn't found anything relevant about the ability for the sever to send RTCP GOODBYE after receiving the RSTP TEARDOWN packet. Anyway is there a way to avoid OpenRTSP crashing in such a case.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

David

  Découvez nos 10 astuces santé pour ne pas tomber malade cet hiver sur http://actu.voila.fr/evenementiel/sante-bien-etre-2010-2011/