[Live-devel] SDP problem in openRTSP

kanav gandhi kanavgandhi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 12:59:10 PST 2010

Hi all,
I am writing my RTSP server and am using openRTSP as the client. The problem
I am facing is that when I send the response for the DESCRIBE request, I get
an error saying:

"Have received 283 total bytes of a DESCRIBE RTSP response; awaiting 131
bytes more
Failed to get a SDP description from URL "rtsp://
127.0.1.1:554/output_Vid.mkv": liveMedia0"

Can someone please give me some pointers as to what might be going wrong
here. This is the message sequence for the request-reply pair:

Sending request: DESCRIBE rtsp://127.0.1.1:554/output_Vid.mkv RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 3
Accept: application/sdp

Received 283 new bytes of response data.
headerDataCopy: RTSP/1.0 200 OK
CSeq: 3
Have received 283 total bytes of a DESCRIBE RTSP response; awaiting 131
bytes more.
Failed to get a SDP description from URL "rtsp://
127.0.1.1:554/output_Vid.mkv": liveMedia0

I am stuck on this issue and any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Kanav Gandhi