[Live-devel] LiveMedia in a Directshow Filter

Eyal Shveky eyals at aeronautics-sys.com
Tue Nov 30 08:12:53 PST 2010

>while(true)

>{

>       fWatchVariable = 0;

>       dummyTask(NULL); // 100ms

>       env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop(&fWatchVariable);

>       if (fWatchVariable = 1)

>       {

>             printf("\nIn While fWatchVariable=%d,",fWatchVariable);

>             if (!mP4LiveSms->mpeg4LiveSource != NULL)

mP4LiveSms->mpeg4LiveSource->deliverFrame();

>       }

>}

Note that you don't need to test for "if (fWatchVariable == 1)",

because we return from "doEventLoop()" only if "fWatchVariable" is

not 0.  (I presume that you have some other thread - not running

LIVE555 code - that is setting "fWatchVariable" to 1 when new data

becomes available.)

1)  How should I call deliverFrame() from the Main thread(DS Graph in a
Filter) in order to signal my FramedSource that a new frame is arrived.

>RTSPClientSession[00E79B20]::handleRequestBytes() read 0 new bytes

>(of 9836); te

>rminating connection!

This is strange.  Your client's TCP connection (for RTSP) has

unexpectedly ended.  This might not have anything to do with your

server's new code.

I suggest that you first try to run the *unmodified*

"testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application on your system - streaming

from a MPEG-4 Elementary Stream Video - i.e., ".m4e" - file.  Only

when you get this running correctly, then you can try modifying it to

stream from another kind of input source object.

--

2) I did, testOnDemandRTSPServer works fine I'm streaming the test.m4e
into VLC player on more than one Pc on a local net.

  The problem is to stream from a live DirectShow filter, I think it's
something with synchronized both threads and signaling to live lib when
I'm getting a new frame , for the FramedSource::deliverFrame to take the
global frame buffer, frame size,etc.

3) Question about the parameters : fPresentationTime,
fDurationInMicroseconds what exactly they mean.

  fPresentationTime Is the different between sample(frame) start and
Stop - in my received filter -> pSample->GetTime(&tStart, &tStop);?

  fDurationInMicroseconds - How do I set this parameter? Is it depand if
the stream is VBR or CBR, Or should I set it to 25 fps when I'm using
PAL source?

Thanks,

LEGAL NOTICE - Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message, its annexes, attachments, appendixes,
any subsequent correspondence, and any document, data, sketches, plans and/or other material that is
hereby attached, are proprietary. confidential and may be legally privileged.
Nothing in this e-mail is intended to conclude a contract on behalf of Aeronautics or
make it subject to any other legally binding commitments, unless the e-mail
contains an express statement to the contrary or incorporates a formal Purchase Order.
This transmission is intended for the named addressee only. Unless you are the named addressee (or
authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else, any
disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is
unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

named recipient(s) only.