[Live-devel] TestOnDemandRTSPServer Help

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 4 21:59:56 PDT 2010

>Hi,
>     I am new to live 555.  Could someone to me how to use the test
>program TestOnDemandRTSPServer.  I compiled and executed this test
>program. All it gave was a list of urls. But I am not able to play
>any video from that url. Help required immediately please.

I very much doubt that you require help 'immediately', especially
considering that your use of a "@gmail.com" email address tells the
world that you are just a casual hobbyist.  (Serious professionals do
not use "@gmail.com" addresses.)

But anyway, to play these "rtsp://" URLs, you need a media player
like VLC <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/>.  Plus, of course, you need
to have a file of the given name, of the appropriate type, in the
same directory as "testOnDemandRTSPServer".  (For example, to play
the "mp3AudioTest" URL, you'll need a MP3 file named "test.mp3".)