[Live-devel] Question regarding ParseRTSPRequestString() and URLSuffix/URLPreSuffix

Mehran Ansari mehran at stretchinc.com
Thu Oct 7 14:02:50 PDT 2010

Unfortunately, the RTSP server that I am implementing is for an IP Camera that should support PSIA conformance client. PSIA requires handling of fully qualified path in URL. I changed parseRTSPRequestString() in RTSPCommon.cpp to support the fully qualified path.

To minimize the change, I am checking to see if the last component of the URL is "/track", if so, I set the resultURLSuffix to "track[xx]" and resultURLPreSuffix to have everything after the <host address xx.yy.zz.aa> upto "/track". Otherwise,  resultURLPreSuffix  is NULL and resultURLSuffix equal to everything after the <host address xx.yy.zz.aa> up to the space before next "RTSP/".

This changed seemed to have fixed my problem. Do you see any problem with this change? Also are you planning to add fully qualified path to the URL in any of the future versions?

Thanks
--Mehran