[Live-devel] Error of the server running in Linux

Ivan Alen Fernandez ivan.alen at uclouvain.be
Mon Oct 11 06:18:45 PDT 2010

Hello i have solved the problem in linux by applying the variable #define
READ_FROM_FILES_SYNCHRONOUSLY 1, as by default for windows, within the
class ByteStreamFileSource.
Can anyone guess why from the last update in my code, i need this
modification in order to run properly the server? Does it damage a lot the
performance and scalability of the server? Just remember i am streaming
H264 sequences divided in multiple video files. When the buffer on the
server gets empty i use a xml script to decide the next video segment of
h264 to send and therefore to include in the buffer before.

Thanks a lot i advance for your help.

>>My problem is that i have done lately some modifications in the class
ByteStreamFileSource
> Rather than modifying the existing code, you should really define a
*new* class (perhaps copying much of the existing code).  That way, you
can easily upgrade to new versions of the released LIVE555