[Live-devel] RTSP-over-HTTP question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 20 07:10:56 PDT 2010

>I have problems connecting to RTSP server with HTTP tunneling. My
>server closes connection immediately after the first HTTP GET
>request fails with `HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized` error, so there is no
>second chance to send authentication credentials in the next
>requests.

I presume that you are talking about our *client* implementation of
RTSP-over-HTTP tunneling, and that the server is using some other
implementation (not ours).

Our RTSP client implementation *should*, I think, be able to handle
this OK - but it hasn't been fully tested.  (I presume that you are
using a recent version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code.)
Please tell us the *complete* set of headers that are returned (by
the server) in the response to your HTTP "GET" request.