[Live-devel] H264 over RTP/RFC 3984

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 20 15:24:03 PDT 2010

>I'm using RTSP, I did not use sdp file, but through RSTP DESCIBE.

OK, that will help a lot.  Rather than using VLC (at first), try
using "openRTSP" <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/> to read the
stream.

Check whether "openRTSP" receives data correctly from your stream (it
should write a file called "video-H264-1" or something like that).
Does "openRTSP" write such a file (and is it nonempty)?  If so, then
the problem is probably a VLC decoding problem (and therefore, for a
VLC mailing list instead).  If, however, "openRTSP" doesn't record a
file (or the file is empty), then there's apparently a problem with
your RTSP/RTP stream (and therefore, something of interest to us).