[Live-devel] The first H.264 SPS packet gets skipped

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 20 19:16:03 PDT 2010

>I sub-classed H264VideoStreamFramer from FramedFilter class. I
>implemented currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit() and
>isH264VideoStreamFramer() and returned TRUE for both since my
>encoder always provides me with a complete NAL.

No, that's not what "currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit()" is supposed to
do (otherwise there'd be no point in having this function, because it
would always return True).  "currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit()" is
supposed to return True if and only if the current NAL unit is the
last one that makes up a video frame - i.e., an image.  Note that
it's possible for a video frame to consist of more than NAL unit; if
this is the case then "currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit()" should return
True only for the last of these NAL units.