[Live-devel] RTSP-over-HTTP question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 22 08:51:30 PDT 2010

>>No, the problem is that the server is completely ignoring the
>>resending of the HTTP "GET" command
>
>Yes, the server ignores this request but it does it because it is
>closing a connection.

The server can't be closing the connection, otherwise it would never
be able to stream back data to the client later.  It's apparently
keeping the connection open, but just not responding to the resending
of the HTTP "GET".

>  I tried `live.2010.01.22` and it is working fine with this server -
>it doesn't try to send a second request during the same connection.

The difference between these two versions is that - in the old
version - we didn't resend the HTTP "GET" command, but instead
continued as normal, sending a subsequent HTTP "POST" command (on a
new connection), with an "Authorization:" header.

It's not clear (from the limited documentation on "RTSP-over-HTTP
tunneling") which behavior is 'correct', but because your server
(which I assume is Darwin/QTSS) is happier with the old behavior,
I've installed a new version (2010.10.22) of the code that behaves
the same way as the old version.

(ps. People are taken more seriously on this mailing list if they use
a professional email address - i.e., one whose domain name identifies
an organization (company or school) that they're affiliated with, or
at least a personal custom domain name - not something like
"@gmail.com" or "@poczta.onet.pl".)