[Live-devel] JPEGVideoRTPSink and Restart markers

Francisco Feijoo francisco at j2kvideo.com
Wed Oct 27 00:32:22 PDT 2010

Thanks for the quick response Ross,

> Note that the existing "JPEGVideoRTPSink" code already does this. You should not have to reinvent the wheel here.

I think I should explained this better. I don't know how to obtain the qFactor from one MJPEG image so I'm copying all the values from the original image to the new header. And then  TestJPEGVideoSource::qFactor() returns 255. Maybe this part is wrong and I need to calculate the Q, but how? is there an example of this somewhere?.

> The JPEG transmitting code ("JPEGVideoSource" and "JPEGVideoRTPSink") currently don't support "Restart Marker Headers" (see RFC 2435, section 3.1.7).  You will need to update the (definition and implementation) of these two classes to support them.

Ok, I have been thinking on other possibility. Do you know if is possible to decode de MJPEG image to get a simpler version and remove the restart marker headers?

--
Francisco Feijoo
Software Engineer