[Live-devel] Indexing of TS files for non MPEG2 video streams

Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI) sr at coexsi.fr
Wed Oct 27 02:53:33 PDT 2010

The C program is done, it can also be downloaded here:
http://www.coexsi.fr/publications/live555-universal-indexer/
The binary was built and tested on Ubuntu 32-bits systems.

I think there are 2 smalls bugs involving integer overflow in the LiveMedia
library:

* In "MPEG2IndexFromTransportStream.cpp":
    u_int8_t pcr_frac = (u_int8_t)(256*(pcr-pcr_int));
must be replaced by:
    u_int8_t pcr_frac = (u_int8_t)(255*(pcr-pcr_int));

* In "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexFile.cpp":
  return pcr_int + pcr_frac/256.0f;
must be replaced by:
  return pcr_int + pcr_frac/255.0f;