[Live-devel] About fTo and MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::afterGettingFrame1 function

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 28 07:12:58 PDT 2010

>        " discrete frames" means what? My fist frame is I Frame,next
>30 frames are P Frames. Then continuou to  recycle.
>           As you say.I use the MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer class
>in my project, My MPEG-4 video source delivers one frame to fTo each
>time.

That is what I meant by "discrete frame".  Therefore, you are correct
in using "MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer".

>           There also are two qustions I don't know how to solve it.
>             1. The length of each frame is biger than fMaxSize.

If that happens, then you should do:
	fFrameSize = fMaxSize;
	fNumTruncatedBytes = 'the frame size' - fMaxSize;
(Note that, if this occurs, the truncated data will get lost, and
will *not* get transmitted.)

>                     Because the first frame have no VOSS, VOS,GOV, I
>think the frame will can't be correctly analysed in
>MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::afterGettingFrame1 function.

That is not correct.