[Live-devel] Set max connection number

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 1 00:49:59 PDT 2010

>        Does Live555 support setting maximum connection number? If we
>set 5, the 6th connection request will be refused.

No; however, you could easily implement this yourself by subclassing
"RTSPServer" to include a connection counter, and then managing this
by reimplementing the virtual function "createNewClientSession()",
and also using a virtual destructor on your subclass.

>Can I get active connection detailed information(includes each
>client IP address)?

Yes, this information is available in the "RTSPClientSession" class
(which you can also subclass if you wish - e.g., to add more fields).
In particular, the client's IP address is in the "fClientAddr" field.