[Live-devel] Windows executable crashes on startup

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Sep 4 12:40:19 PDT 2010

I recommend using VLC <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/> as a client.

>some will play it, but there are no transport controls.

See <http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#trick-play> and
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#trick-mode>.  Not all
'transport control' (aka. 'trick play') operations work on all media
types.

>If I stop the stream on my web radio, it reverts back to the
>beginning. Not what I was hoping for.

Are you 'stopping' the stream, or 'pausing' it?  Pausing the stream
should always work, for any media type.  If you 'stop' a stream,
however, you should not expect to be able to resume a stream from the
same point.  That's what "PAUSE" is for.