[Live-devel] RTSP video decoding - packets too small

Guillaume Ferry ferry at bertin.fr
Mon Sep 6 05:00:22 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm using liveMedia library to implement an audio / video RTSP receiver.
To do so, I have created a minimal MediumSink subclass, in which I do my
decoding stuff (using libav* code).

It works really fine with streamed audio, but I can't decode videos
properly.
I noticed that the frames I'm receiving have really small sizes (sth
like 2000 bytes), and should be more around 60000 bytes to contain an
'image'.

Maybe I'm wrong here, using a class not dedicated to it... ?
Do I have to set a minimal buffer size (for my sink ?).

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,
Guillaume.

PS : some interesting insight : when I try to read one of those videos
with ffplay (small player contained in ffmpeg sources), it works just fine.

--
Guillaume FERRY
Bertin Technologies
/Mail/ 	ferry at bertin.fr