[Live-devel] Graceful handling of socket error

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 8 14:58:50 PDT 2010

>I am suggesting the call to abort() in the function
>BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep() at line 95 in
>BasicTaskScheduler.cpp to be replace with something that is less
>destructive (C++ exception?) since a socket error can happen for
>legitimate reasons (remote closed, ...).

Perhaps, although my intention for this call to "abort()" (and others
in the code) was that it be a "should never get called" situation.
The preceding "if" statement is supposed to catch the small set of
error codes that we expect to see in this situation.

So, my question is: What specific error code(s) are you seeing in
this situation?  (Also, are you running Windows, or a Unix system?)