[Live-devel] Problems with MediaSession::initiateByMediaType()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Sep 13 16:51:33 PDT 2010

>I noticed a strange effect when calling initiateByMediaType() more
>than once during session setup.

That happens because you're trying to use "initiateByMediaType()" in
a way in which was not intended.  (It was intended to be used to play
a single subsession only.)

>In my application I call setup methods in the following order:

>pSession->initiateByMediaType( "video/H264" );
>pClient->setupMediaSubsession();
>pSession->initiateByMediaType( "audio/PCMU" );
>pClient->setupMediaSubsession();
>pClient->playMediaSession();

Instead of doing this, I suggest iterating through the whole set of
"MediaSubsession"s, checking each subsession's "mediumName()" and
"codecName()", and then calling "initiate()" only on the subsessions
that you want.