[Live-devel] VLC does not display any video when streaming with testMPEG4VideoStreamer

Mehran Ansari mehran at stretchinc.com
Fri Sep 24 13:56:09 PDT 2010

Using live555MediaServer I can see the content of a .m4e file which is displayed by VLC but when I use testMPEG4VideoStreamer to stream the same file, VLC does not display anything. But it also does not complain nor displays any error messages. I do have test.m4e in the testProg folder, and the testMPEG4VideoStreamer program seems to be sending frames but VLC is not displaying it. I modeled my application after testMPEG4VideoStreamer to send live video frames and I also experience the same problem. What could I be missing? Does this program work for others? I am using live.2010.09.23a source code.

Thanks for your help.