[Live-devel] How does Live555 deal with low bandwidth?

Matt Schuckmannn matt at schuckmannacres.com
Thu Aug 18 09:16:40 PDT 2011

Live555 can't reduce the content, which is what determines the bit rate,
Live555 is just the mechanism for sending the content so Live555 can't
do anything to change the bit rate.
Since Live555 implements RTSP and RTP and those protocols have some
mechanisms to detect report bandwidth problems, theoretically Live555
could tell your application about bandwidth problems and your
application could do something to reduce the bit rate if possible, e.g.
a live camera encoder could dynamically reduce the bit rate or frame
rate or ?

Matt S.