[Live-devel] RTSP multicast problem

Robert Krakora rob.krakora at messagenetsystems.com
Thu Aug 18 08:31:44 PDT 2011

Unicast from the cameras and connect to them via a Linux machine that can
then act as a multicast gateway that is running live555 server.  This way
the multicast addresses/ports can be managed easily.  You will need a 1 Gbps
or 10 Gbps connection to the Linux machine based on the number of cameras
and their aggregate bitrate.  Probably a 1Gbps would suffice.

2011/8/18 Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>

> Unfortunately I don't know of a solution to this, other than
> 1/ Fixing the OS kernel, or
> 2/ Using a different OS (e.g. FreeBSD) that doesn't have the problem, or
> 3/ Changing at least one of the cameras to use a different port, or
> 4/ Running your two client applications on separate hosts.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Rob Krakora