[Live-devel] Unusual H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer Compile Error

Alexander Stevens alexander.stevens at uqconnect.edu.au
Fri Aug 26 20:33:14 PDT 2011

Hey guys,

I have an unusual compile error, that "logically" shouldn't even occur.

g++ -Wall -pedantic -g main.c -c
g++ -Wall -pedantic -g v4l2_camera.c -c
g++ -Wall -pedantic -g -I../UsageEnvironment/include
-I../groupsock/include -I../liveMedia/include
-I../BasicUsageEnvironment/include live555.cpp -c
live555.cpp: In function ‘void play()’:
live555.cpp:60:63: error: no matching function for call to
‘RTPSink::startPlaying(H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer&, void (&)(),
RTPSink*&)’
../liveMedia/include/MediaSink.hh:34:11: note: candidate is: Boolean
MediaSink::startPlaying(MediaSource&, void (*)(void*), void*) <near
match>
make: *** [live555] Error 1

So, essentially I have copied the testH264VideoStreamer.cpp test
program, and modified it to use my own custom DeviceSource called
x264EncoderSource (this implementation could be why I'm getting the
error, but I'm not too sure) and then changed the framer to
H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer instead of H264VideoStreamFramer.
Otherwise, I haven't changed all too much of the underlying code. I have
turned a few variables over to being global - dirty I know, but just
want to get something functional before I start refining.

What's even more unusual, is that when I go back to
H264VideoStreamFramer, the same compile error comes back up.

This is the bazaar repository link to my source code (hosted on
launchpad):
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~alex-stevens/+junk/spyPanda/files/31

Cheers,
	Alex Stevens