[Live-devel] How to bypass streamlimit causes by EventTriggerIDs

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 6 19:24:55 PST 2011

> “m_EventTriggerId = envir().taskScheduler().createEventTrigger(deliverFrame0);”
>

> generates only 32 EventTriggerID´s, so that I have a maximum of 32 stream receivers.
>
> Now my question: Is it possible to solve that problem without generating more RTSP-Server with different TaskScheduler on different ports? Can you make me a suggestion how I bypass these limit of maximum stream receivers?

Note that the limit of 32 event triggers is just in the implementation of the particular "TaskScheduler" subclass - "BasicTaskScheduler" - that we provide with the released code.  If you wish, you could implement your own subclass of "TaskScheduler" or "BasicTaskScheduler" that does something different.

However, in your case, I don't think you need more than 32 event triggers.  In fact, I don't think you need more than one.  If you are calling the same handler function - "deliverFrame0()" - each time, then you need just one event handler for this.  You can use the "clientData" parameter to specify the particular target of the event.