[Live-devel] Stop specific streams.

Marlon Reid Marlon at scansoft.co.za
Thu Dec 8 00:00:04 PST 2011

Hi Ross,

Thanks to all you assistance in the past, I am now able to play multiple
streams from the same port.  Everything is working as I need it to, but
I have another question: How do I stop a specific stream if multiple
streams are running?

Let me first let you how I am creating these multiple streams:

1. Create an RTSPServer, if none exists.  I make use of only 1 RTSP
server.
2. Create a new ServerMediaSession for each stream.  This
ServerMediaSession is saved in a map with a unique identifier for the
stream.
3. Create a new OnDemandMediaSubsession of each stream, depending on the
type of media.
4.  Add the OnDemandMediaSubsession to the ServerMediaSession.
5. Add the ServerMediaSession to the RTSP Server.
6. Run the doEventLoop if it has not been started yet.  If it has, do
nothing.

Note that I have only one RTSP server and one doEventLoop, regardless of
how many streams run.

I am aware that in order to stop a stream, a watchVariable is used.  I
am able to stop ALL streams using this method, but I cannot stop a
specific stream.

I cannot see how it is possible to stop only a specific stream if I make
use of only one doEventLoop.  If I have a doEventLoop for every stream,
then the app crashes, so I assume that is not the correct way to do it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards.