[Live-devel] Add an audio sub-session makes the video stop

Fabrice Triboix ftriboix at falcon-one.com
Tue Dec 13 14:29:19 PST 2011

Dear Ross,
> Before you do this, you should first just add a "MP3AudioFileServerMediaSubsession" with the MP3 file - just to make sure that this (an audio subsession with data coming from a file) works OK for you.
Thanks for the tip!
I just tried it instead of our custom subsession class, and it works.
Well the audio works, but the video is still...
> That's strange.  Before using VLC, I suggest using "openRTSP" as a client.  That should give you a little more information about where things are going wrong.
I did the observation using wireshark, and the server clearly
disconnected the RTSP TCP session by sending a FIN packet.

I'll try to have a deeper look at our media subsession class..
Thanks for the help, I'll come again if I get stuck!

Best regards,

   Fabrice